Plant-based formulation and 100% biodegradable, complying with the disinfecting use standards, concentration, dilution, contact time, reference strains.
There is now an international awareness aimed at limiting the risks linked to the use of chemical products (Adoption of the Global Harmonized System by the UNO). In addition, the recent European Regulations (REACH 1907/2006, biocides 98/8/CE) aims to restrict the distribution of dangerous chemical components as well as strictly regulate their use.
With increasing concern about the transmission of microbes and the most advanced hygiene practices, hand sanitizers have now invaded our daily lives. Although heavily used, the alcohol-based traditional hand sanitizers have several disadvantages:
- Dry out and irritate the skin, by removing it hydrolipidic barrier which normally acts as a protective barrier against bacterial infections, thus making the skin more vulnerable.
- Extremely flammable and pose high risk during storage and use.
- Once the alcohol evaporated, there is no disinfecting effect and the contact time required by the standards is no longer guaranteed.
These solutions often perfumed and presented in attractive bottles are often the cause of accidental poisoning (by ingestion or contact with eyes) which considers primarily young children. Moreover, the gels that contain ethyl alcohol (or iso-propanol), can cause drunkenness and, in large doses, an alcoholic coma: a small bottle of 60 ml corresponds to 4 glasses of vodka.
Alternatives to these alcohol-based formulas have been developed, however they contain substances that may be irritating, harmful and dangerous for the environment such as quaternary ammonium compounds and Triclosan®. Indeed, several studies prove that regular and prolonged use of these agents in these formulations can lead to bacterial resistance or cause hormonal imbalances.
SALVECO®, CHEMISTRY INSPIRED BY THE FUTURE
The SALVECO® Hand Sanitizer is as effective as leading market products and is based on components coming exclusively from plant-based renewable resources.
Efficient and easy to use, SALVECO® Hand Sanitizer meets the biocidal activity standards required by the professionals of health, without any danger pictogram.
Green: Disinfectant product from Salvecco technology
Red: Disinfectant product from conventional chemistry
BENCHMARK OF PRODUCTS - EFFICACY AND CHEMICAL RISKS
SALVECO® PLANT-BASED CHEMISTRY
| PRODUCT CLASSIFICATION ACTIVE DISINFECTANT
C12-16 alkyl dimethyl benzyl ammonium Chloride
▪ 100% Biodegradable
▪ Destructor of first immune barrier
▪ Substance of concern
▪ Bio accumulative
|TOXICOLOGICAL CLAIMS||▪ Hypoallergenic
▪ Dermatologist Tested
▪ Leaves skin hydrated
▪ Dermatologist Tested
Harmful active substances which
remain on the skin
|TRANSPORT LEGISLATION||Not classified||Classified||Not classified|
▪ 100% biodegradable and plant-based
▪ Without petroleum derivatives, or chemical additives
▪ Disinfects and moisturizes. Non-sticky formula
With or without perfume
▪ Without quats, triclosan, phenol, chlorexidine, ethanol
|Disinfectant effectiveness and ease of use||▪ Alcohol-free
▪ Essential oils which give a fragrance of green plants to the gel
▪ Essential oils which protect the epidermis and dermis
*according to CLP Regulation N° 1272/2008
* For classified products: Dangerous. Observe the precautions for use
D-0 Conditions : Daily use of Alcohol Hand Sanitizer Gel by a private nurse
Condition of hands: Extremely damaged, redness, presence of cracks.
D+16 Use test on SALVECO® Hand Sanitizer Gel - Under same frequency
Condition of hands: After 16 days of treatment, satisfactory result below:
- « The texture of SALVECO® product is ideal »
- « Eczema and itching problems that I had due to the use of alcohol hand sanitizer gel have disappeared »
- « No pain felt when applied to a very irritated skin, a wound or crevice »
- « The SALVECO® product leaves hands soft after application »
- « Leaves a pleasant fresh scent on my skin »
- « The SALVECO® product is better than the product I usually use »
- « I could definitely replace my usual product based on alcohol by SALVECO® product »
[According to Article 72 Biocidal products Regulation n°528/2012: Use biocides safely. Always read the label and product information before use.]